Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I Heart You, You Haunt Me


                                                                                 By Lisa Schroeder 


     This is a heartbreaking and haunting book.  Some say that your first love will stay with one forever!  The story is told in a poetic fashion and tells the tale of love between two high school students.  Ava and Jackson are in love and do everything together, they are best friends! One of their ongoing games is "Dare", and one dare goes deadly awry, leaving Ava without her Jackson.  The dare that leads to Jackson's death brings a crushing guilt to Ava and she can not let go.  Jackson returns and helps her release her guilt and continue on with life.
     Everyone around Ava is concerned about her and try to get her to get back into her normal routine.  Nothing helps until a family trip to the beach, where Jackson can not follow and a chance meeting with a guy at the waterfront.  When Ava returns, she begins to research the paranormal, and question why Jackson is still haunting her.  She comes to the conclusion that this is not who and what she is, she wants a return to normalcy.  She gets the courage to tell Jackson that he needs to move on!
     This book resonated on a couple of levels.  First of all, there are people that I have lost that I've always wanted to see, or talk to one more time.  I do believe that hindsight is twenty-twenty.  I think when somebody dies unexpectedly, some may always question, if....  I know when my son passed in an automobile accident, I wondered if I had called Tim earlier to come get me from work if I had called off work that day... and the list goes on.  The possibility of having the guilt absolved, fascinating!
     I am giving this book a 3 out of 5.  I do feel that it is a very good book but mature.  This book is for high school students or a mature eighth grader.  This is a love story and skews towards the feminine gender.  Happy reading!

Links 

Author: Lisa Schroeder

Coping with the death of a teen friend

Other books about Teen Death

Signs from a deceased loved one....????

No comments:

Post a Comment